Saturday, September 27, 2014

socialization

Friday night option - go to free classy cocktail hour with fellow grad students, or go to FemDom night at kink club where I'm almost certain to be watching rather than playing? I chose the dungeon, and although free cocktails while dressed in pretty things is hard to resist, I think I made the right choice. Is it weird that I'm in a new city and I'd rather socialize with kinky people than fellow nursing students? The students will be my future colleagues, people I might need in professional references and connections. The kinksters just feel so much more real, there's already so much about each of us on public display that somehow it's easier to be open and honest, to get to know each other as complex creatures. Something about starting from the most secret places in yourself and working outward to build up the knowledge of the more superficial/public information, as compared to starting superficial/public and digging in over time into more personal information. Either group is one I'm not terribly likely to see in person once I leave this state next year, but I somehow suspect I'll leave with greater feelings of connection for my growing kinky family than I will for my sprawling cohort of nurses.

No comments:

Post a Comment